Agendas and Minutes
The Board of Zoning Adjustment is meeting via Zoom until further notice. Those who do not need to participate by providing public input should watch via livestream above. Those who wish to give input on an agenda item may register via Zoom. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
2021 Board of Zoning Adjustment Deadline and Meeting Calendar
Email the Board
The Board of Zoning Adjustment heretofore established is continued, and shall be appointed as provided by State law.
No member of the Board shall vote upon any matter in which he or she, a spouse or a dependent has a direct interest; and no member of the Board shall vote upon any matter involving a business with which he or she, a spouse or dependent has any interest or ownership.
The board shall have the following powers and duties:
- The Board of Zoning Adjustment shall adopt rules necessary to the conduct of its affairs and in keeping with the provisions of this Ordinance. Meetings shall be held at the call of the chairman, or any three (3) members, at such times and places as the Board may determine. The chairman, or in his absence the acting chairman, may administer oaths and compel the attendance of witnesses. All meetings shall be open to the public.
- The Board of Zoning Adjustment shall keep minutes of its proceedings, showing the vote of each member upon each question, or if absent or failing to vote indicating such fact, and shall keep records of its examinations and other official actions, all of which shall be a public record and be immediately filed in the office of the Board.
- The Board of Zoning Adjustment shall hear and decide appeals from a decision of the Planning Director made in the performance of his duties.
- The Board of Zoning Adjustment shall hear and decide all petitions for variances, as provided for in Article 9 of the Auburn Zoning Ordinance.
- The Board of Zoning Adjustment shall hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the Planning Director or the Senior Building Inspector in the enforcement of the Auburn Zoning Ordinance.
- The Board of Zoning Adjustment may cause, at its discretion, the posting of notice in the form of a sign on property that is subject to a public hearing on matters coming before it.
Must be a resident of the City of Auburn. Must be a qualified elector of the City of Auburn.