The Auburn Bike Committee, the rental program, and weekly group rides are just a few ways you can get involved in the community- there's always room for more!
Auburn Bicycle Committee
The Auburn Bicycle Committee has been dedicated to improving cycling conditions around Auburn since 2000. Thanks to their efforts, the City of Auburn is the only Bike Friendly Community in the state of Alabama.
The Committee meets the last Tuesday of every other month (starting in January) at the Auburn Public Library, in the conference room. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend!
The Auburn Bicycle Committee sponsors many events, activities, and programs throughout the year to support and encourage bicycling. One of the most notable programs is the 4th Grade Education Program which is administered to all Auburn City Schools. They also coordinate numerous activities to promote May as National Bike Month, such as the Friend of the Auburn Bicycle Committee Award.
For more information about the Auburn Bike Committee check out these links:
If you would like to attend an upcoming Zoom meeting, please contact the Bicycle Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Auburn Bicycle Committee is looking for enthusiastic cyclists to help launch some new projects and initiative that need help. We recognize that individuals have their own special talents and we feel confident that our list of needs has something that can appeal to anyone. Some of the projects need a leader to coordinate other volunteers while some can be worked independently. The best news is that they can be accomplished outside of meetings. Consider fulfilling civic endeavors by helping us advance cycling in our community. Email Brandy Ezelle with any questions on how to help. Even better, let us know about new ideas and maybe the Committee can make those happen too!
Groups, Clubs & Social Media
In addition to the philanthropic work though the Auburn Bicycle Committee, you can also get involved with one of the local cycling clubs. There’s something for everyone.
- C.A.M.P. - Central Alabama Mountain Pedalers with a mission to promote trail advocacy, health, wellness, and education.
- E.A.C.C. - East Alabama Cycling Club is a collection of riders of all abilities that seek to promote a safe and fun atmosphere to grow as a cyclist.
- Auburn Flyers Club - an official club through Auburn University.
- Auburn Opelika Cycling Community - on Facebook for news, events, and discussions! It is 430 members and growing.
- Central Alabama Women's Cycling Community - Facebook group. This group is open to road and trail riders alike!